Smart VoIP is another endeavour of Betamax VoIP Company. It offers the opportunity of free international calls to its large user base. Moreover overall the international call rates are quite low here compared to other VoIP providers in the market.
The free international VoIP calls can be made to countries including Russia, Thailand, USA, Taiwan, Portugal, UK (landline), Spain, Canada, Singapore and China. The call rates to India are as follows:
- Call to any Indian landline number at 1.5 eurocents per minute,
- Call to any Indian mobile number at 2 eurocents per minute.
The best thing about the Smart VoIP service is that it has got the SIP support. The details of SIP settings have been provided below for your consideration:
SIP settings for Smart VoIP
- Account name : the SmartVoIP username you used in the time of registration
- Password : the SmartVoIP password of your account
- SIP port : 5060
- Display name/number : your SmartVoIP username or voipnumber
- Registrar : sip.smartvoip.com
- Outbound proxy server : leave empty
- Proxy server : sip.smartvoip.com
- Stunserver (option) : stun.smartvoip.com
Different codecs are supported by the Smart VoIP services. They are GSMFR (13.2 kbps), G.711 (64 kbps), G.729 (8 kbps), G.726 (32 kbps) and G.723 (5.3 & 6.3 kbps).
There are a lot of negative comments about the Smart VoIP service. They claim that the company first grabs the customers and then juice them out with high and increased call rates. So, you need to be careful while using their services. But quality wise, they are quite perfect.